Combination Xx 317-603
Welcome to Conbination Xx ,please make a free account today to have access to making your own topics,if you are new to Unforgivscape,and do not have a client download can be found at the "announcements/updates" section of the Forums thanks for your time and don't forget to vote for us and you can download the new 317 client at http://www.mediafire.com/?3vdw42jcy511d1l
..::The forum Team::..
Combination Xx 317-603
Welcome to Conbination Xx ,please make a free account today to have access to making your own topics,if you are new to Unforgivscape,and do not have a client download can be found at the "announcements/updates" section of the Forums thanks for your time and don't forget to vote for us and you can download the new 317 client at http://www.mediafire.com/?3vdw42jcy511d1l
..::The forum Team::..
Combination Xx 317-603
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PlayHomeUnforgivscapeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
Awesome4me (842)
Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_lcapWill Unforgivscape gain players? I_voting_barWill Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_rcap 
Sinji (502)
Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_lcapWill Unforgivscape gain players? I_voting_barWill Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_rcap 
Abel (270)
Eh Im God (260)
Blue Phat (228)
Mikenike (227)
Travis (223)
©I Am G0d I (202)
AskingAle (186)
๖̶ۣۜMєlaηiє™♥ (136)
Latest topics
» NOSTALGIA 2017
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 11:00 pm by dronza

» Looking for Developers \ Beta Testers \ Coders
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 pm by Liam

» I'm back, bitches.
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:33 pm by Liam

» Hey been awhile
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 12:35 pm by Liam

» Sweet Nostalgia
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 am by Abel

» Hello ! [2013]
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:31 am by Abel

» The hell happened?
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm by MADBRO

» isaac abusing powers
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:52 pm by Travis

» Hello :-)
Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 pm by dronza

Will Unforgivscape gain players?

Go down 
+4
Awesome4me
MADBRO
Mikey
Combination Xx
8 posters

Should we change home back to Games Room?
Yes
Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_lcap33%Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
No
Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_lcap67%Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
This home is better but I dont care
Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_lcap0%Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
This home is worse but I dont care
Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_lcap0%Will Unforgivscape gain players? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Combination Xx
Nub Poster
Nub Poster

Unforgivscape Reputation : 0

Will Unforgivscape gain players? Empty
PostSubject: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is really any plans to push forward and gain players on Combination Xx 317 because I never see anything exciting on the forums and also the ingame has been quiet dead for a couple months.

Is it the staff that aren't doing enough work?

Is Abel not attempting to help\advertise at all? (Not in a mean way)

Do we need some old players back?

If none of there above questions sum up the reason that Unforgivscape is struggling to gain players then I would like to be enlightened.

We may need to compare the time of the 317 when we had 10 people on at all times and maxing up to 25 and compare it too the present, If we did that we should be able to change things and have a discussion about what should\shouldn't be in the 317.

- Side Note -

I noticed the Zombie Mini-Game made a lot of people AFK with Protect Melee on and not usually talk to people which made the server overall less Social.

And also that the old home had that nice feeling of compact and everything was a stone throw away.

Please leave your input on this subject so hopefully Abel can work closely together with some players and get some players

Back to top Go down
Mikey
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:18 am

Honestly, no-one honestly likes 317's that much, they like what Abel used to have going, the 517 and the 508. They were both great servers, and people used to volunteer to advertise just because they really wanted more players to join for more fun for themselves. Abel doesn't really advertise his server a lot because he's spending a lot of time with his own life and trying to keep the server running, if you would like more people to join, get a couple of friends together and make some YouTube videos, get people interested or advertise on other Forum's Smile

Not meaning to hate on your server, just thought i'd put my say in as an old player.
Back to top Go down
MADBRO
Nub Poster
Nub Poster
MADBRO

Unforgivscape Reputation : -2

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 am

If Luther hadn't of stuffed up the client when Unforgivscape was starting to get players and everything was the same that we could possibly have 40 players or more on all the time.

What we need to do is pick out what made the community back then better then it is now and fix it up. Yes, Some of the staff that were Mods back then have quit and we can't make it exactly the same but if we can get a couple of them back to lead by example I think that there is a chance we can make a successful 317 server.
Back to top Go down
Awesome4me
Server Administrator
 Server Administrator
Awesome4me

Unforgivscape Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Some of the problem lies within the fact that we don't have the quantity of members to get more members. The 5-6 of us that have lasted since the beginning aren't enough to vote on Runelocus every day and push us up because other servers have 40-50 people voting every day.

People say they will advertise but want payment, thats fine on some levels but they don't deliver and still want to be rewarded.

There are many problems with gaining players.
Back to top Go down
Combination Xx
Nub Poster
Nub Poster

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:34 pm

You guys would of had to of started off with 5-6 back when it was getting popular.

The problem I see is that you guys could easily get the people to look at server and you could get them too stay.

Now it's like 1\16 people that come look actually stay, I think it's because the way they get introduced and shown around that makes the server look duller then what it actually is.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 am

Also, I thought i'd mention, Unforgivscape lost ALOT of players when people had to PAY like $10 for certain things, many kids are very young and want to enjoy the game as a private server, they are playing the private server because they want something different from RuneScape.

Donating shouldn't remove certain items from people that haven't donated, but Donators should get certain spots where non-donators can't go, so they can either kill things for items in peace or less chance of others ruining their drops. That'd change a big factor just by itself... Donators should also have little things like certain spawn codes for armour sets, emotes, hang out areas, but nothing too major, or it'd ruin the fact of this being a Private server in a way.

There is much more you could do, I used to code this website for certain things to pop up for little add ons like the Xat-Chat box, I used to know how to make a certain thing pop up asking players to vote, and basically I could remove the option NOT to, so we we're consistently getting votes from people on the forum. Only problem with that was, People might not use the forum anymore because of that.

Also I don't exactly know how to do that anymore, it'd take some reading into to figure it out again, haha Razz
Back to top Go down
Combination Xx
Nub Poster
Nub Poster

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:26 pm

There is alot Abel can do, Yes he may be busy but he could also update some of the things we want in a short amount of time.

Btw come ingame Mikeyy
Back to top Go down
Sinji
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Sinji

Unforgivscape Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Abel is engaged. He doesn't have all the time in the world.

Mikey is spot on.
Back to top Go down
Combination Xx
Nub Poster
Nub Poster

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:59 pm

One lined codes don't take days to put in.

Especially the one to tell which Zombie Wave your up too...

And if you attempt to get a key from the chest with full invo he can make it drop or go straight to your bank.

They require maybe 5 lines max and are very basic.
Back to top Go down
Sinji
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Sinji

Unforgivscape Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Then write the code, post it in the coding section.

I'm sure abel will happily add it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am

Abel is running the server and living his life, he doesn't wanna base his life around people playing his game and meeting all of their needs,
Yes he does care about his server, He tries to keep it online at all times, and the whole server is coded by him, But not everything is as simple as putting a code line.

If you code one thing, you have to test if there are errors, also if there are no errors, any glitches that may appear because of this new update, Just like when Runescape does a server update, they put 1 thing in & all of a sudden other things fuck up, He would have/want to check that.

I don't mean to sound rude, but Abel does do a lot without us noticing I think Razz
Back to top Go down
Combination Xx
Nub Poster
Nub Poster

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 pm

I agree that he wouldn't want to base his life around this game, but if he wants to have a popular private server he is going to need to listen to the players alot more often.
Back to top Go down
Travis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Travis

Unforgivscape Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:54 am

You see, the problem is neither of the aforementioned. Abel doesn't need to advertise, sure, he's the owner.. but he's also put so much work into this server already, why should he have to vote everyday? Secondly, staff are not an issue, if staff was an issue we would most definitely be informed about the staff problem. Thirdly, the lack of members no longer is determined on the level of coding gone into the server, or the amount of people who play it (this will come into play later), or the staff, or the home area. None of that. Unforgivscape is a Timex in a Digital Age. Now I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the saying, but Unforgivscape, as much as it kills me to say it, is "nostalgic".

This isn't a bad thing, for some, but for the majority of P-Server players, they want to see the brand new Runescape look-alikes, they want the actual feel of a parallel account to runescape, to me it's like a damn reverse paradigm, but it's what todays private server "consumer market" has come to.

So no, it's not Abels fault, or anyones fault, whether it be voting wise or just in general. Now-a-days, private servers can be compared to.. let's say, a toy company keeping up with it's competitor .. in this case, the competitor is Runescape and the "toy company" is the private server "industry" - and in order for this toy company to keep it's profits (players/player satisfaction) at a high, it must stay updated with it's competitors. However, you may say "why not stay up-to-date when you can be BETTER?" if you haven't noticed, 98% of the servers who offered death capes, halo shields, swagboots, blingblingcheckthisnewshitout items, are gone.

The private server version of "beating the competitor" is usually offering a one time payment for let's say, "donor" status, whereas in Runescape, you pay monthly. Now servers offer a multitiude of items for different prices, which ultimately affects the server negatively, UNLESS it's spot on with Runescape, E.G: Servers with 703 or whatever deob RS is at right now. To me there are 3 pools in which servers fall into. 1ST Pool - Complete replica of Runescape, most likely coded by some pro or a team who's been doing it forever, 2nd Pool - A server coded by scriptkiddies - a server in which the majority of codes have been leached from tutorials, other servers, basically not original. 3rd - The servers that are completely original, with a great coder or team who has had quite a bit of experience. (Unforgivscape).

Congrats, you read it all. Hopefully I've broadened your knowledge about the conundrum imposed by "Combination xX" and dipped your thoughts into some macro economics Smile

The gaming industry has become so complex now, it's changing in ways we never knew could exist.
Back to top Go down
Combination Xx
Nub Poster
Nub Poster

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 pm

@ Travis,

Explain other servers that have 1k + players, THey aren't anything like Runescape. The owners allocated great staff and advertised throughout the internet until they gained a good player base, then they relaxed a bit and let the players tell there friends.

And Unforgivscape was gaining players, we had 10 on all day, 20 max and we were growing every day until Luther wrecked the client.

After that there were different staff made, and the server went shit. There was alot of complaining ingame about staff but you weren't that active to see it.
Back to top Go down
Awesome4me
Server Administrator
 Server Administrator
Awesome4me

Unforgivscape Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 pm

I don't understand why you keep bringing up Luther. Yeah, he was a little child and temporarily messed with the client, but it is fixed.

We aren't on the top 50 of Runelocus, we don't have advertisers, and our mods abuse when we promote them.

Those are the issues we face, and if one of those branches can be resolved we will gain players, thats just it.

It isn't the client, it is the player base.
Back to top Go down
Travis
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Travis

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:38 am

Combination Xx wrote:
@ Travis,

Explain other servers that have 1k + players, THey aren't anything like Runescape. The owners allocated great staff and advertised throughout the internet until they gained a good player base, then they relaxed a bit and let the players tell there friends.

And Unforgivscape was gaining players, we had 10 on all day, 20 max and we were growing every day until Luther wrecked the client.

After that there were different staff made, and the server went shit. There was alot of complaining ingame about staff but you weren't that active to see it.

Please inform me of these servers with "1k+" players, who aren't anything like runescape.
Back to top Go down
Liam
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Liam

Unforgivscape Reputation : 1

PostSubject: well guys   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:28 pm

well guys i've seen 14 players online today so can i lock this topic now? its the most annoying and argumentive post yet.
Back to top Go down
cratos
Nub Poster
Nub Poster

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am

dude thats a funny post cause u didnt ask if its the the players fault cuase if the players aint votic or trying to get some more players we aint gonna get more players its not always mods or owner mistake its also players mistake(iam not trying to defend mods or anything at the end iam a player
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Unforgivscape gain players?   Will Unforgivscape gain players? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Unforgivscape gain players?
Page 1 of 1